It’s been a full week since my last post, and that’s just because I’m dealing with issues in my personal life. Nothing I want to share at this point.
The featured image above is an example of what the rear cargo doors will look like on my unit. They look very solid and secure to me, so I’m happy with them. Continue reading Rear Cargo Doors & Updated Prints
The latest round of prints (PDF version) are in, and they’re looking fantastic! From yesterday’s update (wow, that was great how fast they got back to me!), the outstanding items were the window coverings and a possible frame upgrade. Both items have been resolved to my liking. Continue reading Lastest Prints!
After today’s meeting, some items have been taken care of and are done, and now there’s new questions and issues!
Items accomplished: Continue reading Design Update
I have a meeting with Becker/ATC (Aluminum Trailer Company, the parent of Becker) tomorrow at 9:30am. There’s a few points that we’re going to change, and I’m writing them out here more for myself so I can come to the meeting prepared. Continue reading Requested Design Changes Talking Points
After the CAD drawings came in, I requested some changes, as all customers do. Most of their suggestions or compromises I can live with pretty easily. One though, I’m struggling with a bit. Continue reading Weight Distribution Hitch Options
The first CAD-based prints are in! They’re amazing! Here’s a link to the 3D view and the full 6-page PDF file.
After seeing it in 3D, I’m having them change a few things, but overall, not much. I’m going to change the side door to have it’s hinge on the left side instead of the right (so I don’t block my window when it’s open). The 4 main windows are being raised by 8″ to accommodate the 8″ raised floor I’m adding. They’ve modified the “concession door” concept covering the front windows to a “Cover” which hinges on the “side” (instead of the top), so I’m asking about more details on that. I rather liked the idea of having those doors hinge on the top so I could have them double as awnings. We’ll see how that goes. Continue reading First set of prints are in!
The image above (larger version) shows my planned solar panel wiring that will be on the roof of the RV. I wanted to work out exactly which connectors, how many, and what wiring methodology I wanted to use, plus exactly what parts would be needed.
The complete parts list is as follows: Continue reading Solar Panel Roof Wiring
With the recent news that the wheel wells would be 12″ instead of 10″, I’ve reconsidered the height of my raised floor. 12″ was just a little more than I wanted, and something a bit less than 10″ would work pretty well too.
At the moment, I’ve settled on a 7″ raised floor. The image above (larger version) has been updated and I’ve moved things around since the last time I laid it all out. I’ve done a whole bunch of shopping around online and I’ve found what I think is the most competitive price for holding tanks. I’m staying at about my 100-gallons-per-tank goal, and I’ve managed to reduce the cost by around $700. That cost of course depends on shipping, which is pretty awful for these things, so I’ll wait to hear what that ends up being. Continue reading Holding Tank Layout v2
Today I’m trying to figure out how high to have the windows. The 4 large windows are 48″ wide by 30″ tall, each. The smaller egress window is 30″ wide by 22″ tall.
I know that I want the windows to be at least above the level of a standard countertop, which is 36″. I also don’t want them to be so high that they’re like looking out of a basement window. There’s a happy medium somewhere in there. Continue reading Pondering Window Height
Here we’re seeing a rough layout (larger image) of the utility area, as it’ll be seen when opening the rear barn doors.
Essentially I wanted to be able to access all of (or as many as possible) of the various mechanical systems as possible in one area. To that end, I managed to get all of the guts of the electrical systems in this area. It would have been nice to get all of the plumbing in this area as well, but it didn’t quite turn out that way. Continue reading Utility Area